Recording of “Catechizing baptized candidates”
If the video stops and starts: Click the white triangle at the bottom left of the video box, then pause the video by clicking the two white parallel bars that appear where the white triangle had been. The video will pause, but it will continue to download. You can see the progress of the download by watching the gray bar at the bottom of the video box. Once the gray bar has reached the right of the video box, the video is fully downloaded, and you can click the white triangle again and watch the video without interruption from downloading pauses.
To see the video full-screen, click on the four arrows at the bottom right of the video screen, next to the “vimeo” logo.
Resources mentioned in the webinar
A Step-by-Step Guide to Compelling Catechesis (webinar recording; includes discussion of how to create a learning plan)
The Art of Catechesis: What You Need to Be, Know and Do
Free articles online
- Is your RCIA open all year-round? Making room for parish events
- What is a catechumenal culture?
- Is your catechumenate open all year-round? What does year-round mean?
- How do you know if your seekers are ready for the next step in the catechumenate process?
- The first step in catechumenate formation is to recover our “capacity for symbol”
- One Latin phrase that was not translated in the initiation rites
- How to form seekers when you have no resources
- What does a catechumenal culture look like?
- How to think about Confirmation in the initiation of children
- Is your RCIA open all year-round? Having everyone around the same table
Team Training Resources
- The Art of Catechesis: What You Need to Be, Know and Do
- Lex Orandi Lex Credendi: Liturgy as Lifelong Formation
- Apprenticed to Christ: Activities for Practicing the Catholic Way of Life
- The Way of Faith: A Field Guide for the RCIA Process
- Enter the Rose: Retreats for Unfolding the Mysteries of Faith with Catechumens, Candidates, and All Believers
- Why Go to Mass?
- The Heart of Faith: A Field Guide for Catechumens and Candidates
- Develop a Year-Round RCIA Process (webinar recording)
- Get Ready for a Great Rite of Acceptance (webinar recording)
- Basic Theology for the RCIA Team (webinar recording)
- How to Teach Reconciliation (webinar recording)
- Joint RCIA Formation: Catechizing the catechized and uncatechized together (webinar recording)
- How to Teach the Eucharistic Prayer (webinar recording)
Faith, Life & Creed
A Complete Catechesis for Christian Life
Everything you need to bring your catechumens and candidates to discipleship and intimacy in Jesus Christ. Faith, Life & Creed has been designed and written with adult learning principles in mind. Mary Birmingham creator and author Bill Huebsch general editor
Faith, Life, & Creed is designed for adults, but it can be easily adapted for older teens. We’d be happy to send you a free sample!
Only your e-mail is required.
For more information about Faith, Life, & Creed, click here.
Friends on the Way
Children’s Catechumenate Resource
Everything your children’s RCIA catechists need to feel confident they are teaching the faith of the Church.