Date: August 1-2, 2014
What will all this cost?
Register by June 13, 2014 to get the early bird discount!
|Early bird||After June 13|
Participants are responsible for their own hotel accommodations. There are several hotels near the meeting venue.
Quality Inn and Suites
16025 Prosperity Drive
Noblesville, IN 46060
Discount rate (use “TeamRCIA” when you register)
$129 (two queen beds–add $5 for second person)
$119 (one king bed–add $5 for second person)
Reserve your room now. Discounted rooms are limited. Rooms will be held until 4 pm on July 18, 2014
Other hotels in the area:
17960 Foundation Drive
Noblesville, IN 46060
Cambria Inn and Suites
13500 Tegler Dr, Noblesville, IN 46060
The local host can provide transportation between the hotel and the meeting venue for you if you need a ride.
Our Lady of Grace Church
9900 E. 191st Street
Noblesville, IN 46060-1520
(Noblesville is a suburb of Indianapolis.)
Schedule and session outline
Friday, August 1: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, August 2: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Why the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults requires a conversion-focused community
- What are the six core principles of the RCIA?
- How do we use the four pillars of RCIA catechesis to grow a community of intentional disciples?
- What changes can we expect in our parishes once we commit to an RCIA-based conversion mission?
- The way of faith: How the catechumenate helps those “who have been upended by the astonishing news of Jesus Christ” (Aidan Kavanagh)
- Evangelization—three extremely easy skills every RCIA team can master
- Catechesis—how do you know if the catechumens “know enough”?
- Sin and grace—forty days of prayer and purification
- Eight ways to make mystagogy work in your parish
- The number one, two, three, and four essential team members every RCIA process must have
- Six essential rules for communicating a new RCIA vision
Rita Burns Senseman is a parish Director of Religious Education and a freelance writer who has written numerous articles and books on various aspects of Christian initiation, including Anointed in the Spirit (St. Mary’s Press, 2011) and A Child’s Journey: The Christian Initiation of Children. She is a current team member for TeamRCIA and a former associate director of the Office of Catechetics/Religious Education in the Archdiocese of Detroit. She holds an MA in theology from the University of Notre Dame and is a wife and mother of three daughters.
Rita Ferrone is an author and speaker. Her many years of experience in parish and diocesan ministry have made her a sought-after workshop leader on issues of Christian initiation and liturgy throughout the United States. Rita has written several books, including the monograph On the Rite of Election, and she is co-author of the Foundations in Faith series for RCIA teams. Her most recent book, Liturgy: Sacrosanctum Concilium, is part of the Paulist series Rediscovering Vatican II: The Liturgy. She is currently writing a new book on the Easter Vigil. Rita was an active team member with the North American Forum on the Catechumenate and serves on the advisory board of the Yale Institute of Sacred Music. She is a current team member for TeamRCIA. She is married, and lives in Mount Vernon, New York.
How to register